Monday, December 8, 2008

The Power of the Logos

This blog is named the "Power of the Logos" for one main reason - in homage to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, also known as the "Logos" (see John 1 in the New Testament of the Bible). The fact that He is referred to as the "Logos", which is Greek for "Word", expresses to me the tremendous power of words that the Creator intended them to have. I believe that God created language, along with all else, and that the power of words in language is merely a hint at the infinite power of God. Also, I realize, that if we can speak or write words, we are all, at least a little powerful, in our own right.

Having said that, I will also say this - while I do consider myself a born-again Christian, I am respectful to ALL human beings. In the category of human beings I include: Atheists, believers in all faiths, all races or ethnicities of people, individuals of all political and social ideologies, and sexual orientation. I must say, however, I may need a little help regarding pedophiles - I have to REALLY pray when it comes to them. Respect does NOT mean agree - it just means I will treat you with the same dignity and consideration that I would expect in return.

This blog is intended to cover any and all topics - although I tend to write and think more heavily on subjects such as politics and social policy, and religion. I also like sports, American football in particular, science and technology, and movies.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: